Hello and welcome to my first ever scrapbook page. I have wanted to start scrapbooking for a long time, but for one reason or another just not got on with it! I started by picking out a photo. This is of my girls at a music festival in 2015, I like the colours on the picnic rug so decided to incorporate those. I love colour and pictures that make me feel happy.
I am quite happy with my first attempt. I originally wrote the journal in a fine black pen directly onto the scrapbook page but didn’t like it, so I re wrote it with a purple gel pen onto card stock, but I still don’t like it so will most probably change it at some going in the future.
- 12 x 12 white card stock,
- a photograph,
- distressed ink pads ( I used worn lipstick, broken china & fossilized amber),
- water brush,
- coordinating or contrasting card stock and patterned paper,
- die’s &
- die cut machine or embellishments/ paper flowers,
- gel pens,
- 3 D pearl effects,
- glossy accents gems,
- coloured thread,
- a scrapbook, a guillotine / paper cutter.
- Using a guillotine cut your 12 x 12 white card stock to 11 x 11.
- Paint the white card stock with gesso and wait for it to dry. It doesn’t take too long.
- Using the Tim Holtz distressed oxides, stamp one colour onto some acetate. Then with either a water spray or a water brush blend with water.
- Transfer the the wet ink onto the gesso’d card stock, repeat using all three colours.
- I used a border die and cut around my photo to give it the scalloped finish and used a contrasting yellow as a border around my photo.
- Using my die cutting machine I cut out various flowers, thin circles, and the work BUBBLES.
- When the paint was dry I arranged my photo and die cuts and other embellishments such as metallic thread, gems and 3 D pearl effect.
- I finished it by adding glossy accents to the small die cut heart and letters and my journal using glitter gel pens.